AWS remains the undisputed market leader in the public cloud market with nearly 50% market share. The recent launch of AWS Outposts is the market validation for AWS-compatible hybrid clouds. According to Gartner, 20% of AWS large-enterprise customers will have AWS Outposts running in their private data center environments by 2022.
AWS Outposts is a fully managed and confgurable compute and storage racks equipped with AWS-designed hardware. It allows customers to run compute and storage on-premises, while seamlessly connecting to AWS’s broad array of services in the cloud.
Business Challenges Addressed
Enterprises choose AWS Outposts due to various reasons - move into AWS Cloud. They can have the programming model of cloud without having the outsourcing of cloud - an attractive proposition to consider AWS Outposts. Let us look at some live cases to know how AWS Outposts solved this problem for different organizations from varied industry domains. compliance and security constraints, fnancial models, remote connectivity challenges, or just to host workloads not ready to
Why AWS Outposts
Comply with Data Residency laws while not compromising on Performance
With AWS Outposts services, Cloud4C can empower enterprises that are generally driven by regulatory and eventually enabling them to embrace digital transformation for faster time to value. All this is possible requirements to build a robust hybrid cloud solution strategy by adhering to data sovereignty compliances without compromising on security or performance due to local hosting.
While public clouds have many benefts like scalability, elasticity, ability to integrate various services and build architecture patterns, fexibility in pricing models etc. among others, users who are geographically away from the servers suffer from latency. This means certain workloads are likely to remain on-premises for several years, in close proximity to on-premises assets. These companies can run AWS compute and storage on-premises, and also easily and seamlessly integrate these on-premises workloads with the rest of their applications in the AWS cloud.
Consistent experience and ease
Until now, customers lacked the same APIs, the same tools, the same hardware, and the same functionality across on-premises and the cloud to deliver a truly consistent hybrid experience. AWS Outposts solves these challenges by delivering racks of AWS compute and storage—the same hardware used in AWS public region datacenters—to bring AWS services, infrastructure, and operating models on-premises. Companies can provision, manage and monitor their AWS Outposts much like their AWS public cloud. This gives companies much needed fexibility with respect to planning their Modernization efforts.
Extending AWS Region into a different Seismic Zone (For DR)
Outposts servers in the location of their choice, they can design a recovery strategy that matches their needs and budget. Seismic zone separation is vital for a disaster recovery strategy. With AWS Outposts, companies can create a disaster recovery environment, where the data is recovered to an AWS server. As the companies can host AWS
Migration to AWS is Made Easy
Companies always invest on infra that will help them to be future ready. With AWS Outposts, companies can be sure that when they want to migrate their application, data or any other service to cloud, it will be as smooth as possible. When companies migrate from other on-premise infra to AWS, the lift and shift operation might lead to complex and time consuming project.
You Manage Your Business. We will manage your Amazon Outposts.
As an AWS Outposts launch partner, we have all the ammunition to deliver desirable business outcomes to customers at scale, with ease, by re-architecting complex workloads to run operations on AWS. We work with our customers to help them leverage AWS Outposts to achieve their technology goals and complement their pace of innovation. As enterprise’s take this critical step in their digital transformation journey, Cloud4C uses our proven methods coupled with the following services to help them reduce interruption and risk to their operations.
You Manage Your Business. We will manage your Amazon Outposts.
Cloud4C specialises in legacy IT estate modernization on-premise and in Cloud. We bring expertise focused on complex enterprise applications and challenging strategies that deliver stellar business results. With to migrate to the cloud and those which should stay on-premise.
We have expertise and experience in the integration and operation of modern cloud environments alongside traditional legacy infrastructure and data centres. We deliver Cloud Managed Services at global service standards and focus on continuous service improvement allowing our customers to remain focused on their business. Cloud4C assists with on-site validation to ensure site meets Outposts requirements. We offer fully managed white glove installation and validation before handoff. We provide ongoing infrastructure maintenance and replacement services as well.
Colocation Services for AWS Outposts
Cloud4C offers Colocation services for AWS Outposts on CtrlS Datacenters. Enterprises can enjoy the benefts of Lowest PUE, Lowest Latency, Customizable as needed, Scalability on Demand, N+N Redundancy, Security, Open for 3rd Party Audits, Total Ownership Philosophy with CtrlS. CtrlS (parent company of Cloud4C) offers best in class hosting infrastructure and is credited to be the frst Rated 4 Datacenter in India. This makes CtrlS the best server colocation provider in India. You can be sure that when it comes to effciency and reliability for your server colocation needs, we are a name you can trust. CtrlS gives your company all the benefts of a world class data centre infrastructure such as high performance, high scalability, total reliability and undisturbed connectivity in India.
- CtrlS, owns and operates 6 out of 28 Rated 4 Data Centers across the Globe
- Industry best Uptime SLA of 99.995%
- Uninterrupted power Power supply ensured
- 24X7 Customer Support
- 10 GBPS Bandwidth Connectivity from all the major Telcos in India
- Mission critical 9 zone security ensured
- Carrier Neutrality and unmatched peering network
- Zero-downtime since inception
- Trusted by Large Banks in India
AWS Outposts offered as a service
Cloud4C hosts and manages AWS Outpost in CtrlS Datacenter facilities offering AWS Outposts as a service to any enterprise. Some key points to note include:
- Prebuilt and pre-confgured infra for high speed connectivity to AWS
- Simple to on-board and is billed as a monthly service similar to AWS Marketplace solutions and included in your AWS bill
- For Applications, Outposts gets ultra-low latency to network edge
- Supports Amazon ECS, Amazon EKS clusters for container-based applications, Amazon EMR clusters for data analytics and Amazon RDS instances for relational database services
- With EMR you can run Petabyte-scale analysis at less than half of the cost of traditional on-premises solutions and over 3x faster than standard Apache Spark. If you have existing on-premises deployments of open source tools such as Apache Spark and Apache Hive, you can also run EMR clusters on AWS Outposts.
- Enterprises can locally store and process data
Managed Disaster Recovery as a Service (DRaaS) with AWS Outposts
Target Customer: is using AWS Region for Primary DC Services
Customer has a Primary DC is in AWS Region, but wants DR in a location, where there is no AWS Region locally For example, a customer based in Bangladesh, can use :
- Primary DC Services in AWS Region in Mumbai AND
- a DR service based on AWS Outposts in a separate seismic zone location (other than Mumbai).
Target Customer : is NOT using AWS Region for Primary DC Services:
Customer whose Primary DC is in a country, where there is no AWS Region locally For example, a customer based in Bangladesh, can use :
- Primary DC Services on Cloud4C DC in Bangladesh AND
- a DR service based on AWS Outposts in Bangladesh
Cloud4C Disaster Recovery as a Service offering is designed to meet demands of the businesses to bring resiliency into their business models and deliver uninterrupted services to their end clients. It is a comprehensive offering which can handle the most diversifed set of applications and systems with end to end ownership during the toughest times of disaster with pay as you go model.
We meet all complex requirements of DR as a Service
- RPO / RTO requirements based on Business Criticality and regulations.
- Data Residency within India for PII / confdential data and impending PDP regulations.
- Security and Compliance requirements (ISO 27001, SOC-1, SOC-2, PCI DSS)
- Seismic Zone separation from Mumbai
- Expectations of an Elastic (on-Demand) purchase option. Larger enterprises customers may want dedicated Services, but SMBs may prefer a Shared Services model
- Single contracting and billing mechanism for all DR Services (including Outposts) and possibly for DC (Primary) services as well.
- Convenience of AWS automation and consistency with AWS based DC Service. Ability to seamlessly (without lift & shift) migrate services into the AWS Region (AZs), whenever it is operational.
Cloud4C AWS Managed Services Capabilities
Our Enterprise Grade Managed services from our AWS Center of Excellence help enterprises meet heterogeneous and complex technology environments through an robust service delivery model built on ITIL, ITSM, COBIT process frameworks coupled with our best practices we gathered handling over thousands of IT Modernization projects.
Cloud4C offers enterprises a single SLA at Application login with end-end responsibility of IT management including security (a robust security framework with 40+ information controls complying with global regulations and standards such as GDPR, IRAP, FedRAMP, OJK, MAS, RBI, etc.) Read more
AWS Outpost Variants
The strategic use of automation enables us to protect our customers from harm. The automation of managed services directly affects the Top-line and Bottom-line. No downtimes, always secure data and infra translates to cost savings. Automating any repeatable and routine tasks allows enterprises to save on resources. At Cloud4C, we have automated some of the key functions of managed services
AWS Native variant
- It allows enterprises to use same A PIs and same console for AWS cloud and on-premises. We can use Amazon EC2 and Amazon EBS on Outposts.
- In upcoming months, AWS will also add on RDS, ECS, SageMaker.
- It allows the user to use VMware cloud on AWS infrastructure that too on-premises using same APIs and console.
Cloud4C – Key Differentiators
2000+ certifed cloud experts worldwide with local presence in 25 countries
Migrated and managing 40000+ VMs
AIOps driven automation in Cloud Operations
High availability 99.95%
3500+ Global Enterprise customers
Zero friction business delivery model
Support hybrid infrastructures
12 years of rich experience in Cloud and Managed Services
Certifed people resources on ITIL, COBIT, CDCP, CISA, CISSP, CISM, Six Sigma, PMP CCIE, MCP, CEH and more
Comprehensive disaster recovery and BCP portfolio Presence in 50+ global locations
21+ Centers of Excellence (AWS, SAP on AWS, Automation, Managed Security Services, Cloud Managed Services and more)